After a grand success of our law conferences held in 2019 on ‘Law and Social Transformation’, and in 2020 on ‘Law and Justice’, we are happy to announce that we are organising an international conference on the broad theme ‘Law in the Transforming World’.
The year 2020 has yet again proved that we are living in a transforming world. The COVID 19 pandemic has created numerous challenges for humanity, the rise of artificial intelligence is rapidly changing the regulatory landscape(s) all over the world, countless discussions and debates over environmental protection (including climate change issues) have been on the agenda all along. In this connection, law needs to readjust and adapt to the changing world moulding the future relations and modes of behaviour. However, due to the fact that many changes have been occurring at an alarming pace, it is yet uncertain as to whether law has been able to keep up to speed. Thus, there is a need to look into how law transforms and areas where it lags behind the current trends. It is imperative to create auspicious and just legal conditions, therefore the existing challenges in law should be put in the spotlight for a thorough discussion and generating solutions.
The Lancaster University Law School invites proposals for individual contributions under the broad theme of ‘Law in the Transforming World’. Academics, current PhD and Master’s students, early researchers and practitioners are all welcome to submit their abstracts for a oneday conference to be held online through Microsoft Teams.
The list below includes some suggested topics, but the list is not exhaustive:
- Social justice
- Impact of COVID 19 on Law
- Criminal Justice
- Contemporary developments in artificial intelligence
- Financial and Banking Law
- Technology and Access to Justice
- Environmental law
- Abstracts of no more than 300 words and a short bio of 50 words should be sent to email@example.com by 20th March 2021.
- Selected presenters will be notified by 1st April 2021.
- For any queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or visithttp://wp.lancs.ac.uk/law-and-social-transformation/