Greetings from The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (CADR-RGNUL).
The last date for provisionally registering your University for the 3rd RGNUL Sports and Entertainment Law National Mediation Competition, 2021 (“Competition“) draws near! Register before 1 February 2021 byfilling this Registration Form to provide your students with the opportunity to represent India at the International Mediation Singapore (IMSG) Competition 2021.
CADR-RGNUL is ecstatic to announce the 3rd Edition of the RGNUL Sports and Entertainment Law National Mediation Competition, 2021 (“Competition“) scheduled to be held virtually between March 6 – 8 2021. The Inaugural and Second Edition saw teams from various Universities participate and attempt to secure the opportunity to represent India at the International Mediation Singapore (IMSG) Competition organized by Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI).
This year, we are glad to organize the Competition in association with The Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team (PACT) and with Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI) as our Chief Knowledge Partner, Krida Legal as our Chief Advisory Organization, and Mr. P.C. Markanda of Markanda Advocates as Knowledge Partner. Along with them, many other influential names in the industry will be associated with the Competition.
For the Third Edition, our objective is not only to provide to students an opportunity to indulge themselves into a niche area of dispute resolution, but to provide to participants and other institutions an opportunity to network with prominent individuals in the field – nationally and internationally. We are expectant that the third edition will be even more successful and reach greater heights.
We write this email to pre-invite your institution for registering for the Competition. The deadline for registering teams via this pre-invite is February 1, 2021.
You will find details necessary for registration for Invited Institutions below. For further details, you may refer to the Pre-Invite Brochure appended to this communication.
- Each participating team shall consist of a Client-Counsel pair (i.e., the Negotiation Team) and one student as the Mediator.
- Number of participating teams – 32 teams (+2 teams from RGNUL)
- Cap on the number of teams per University – Each University may send up to 2 teams to participate in the competition.
- As in the previous two editions, two teams – the winning negotiating team along with the winning mediator, and a meritorious negotiating team and mediator selected by the PACT Jury will qualify for the International Mediation Singapore (IMSG) Competition 2021 to be held in Singapore by SIMI. The teams will qualify directly and their participation will be sponsored by SIMI.
- The winning mediator will also secure an internship at the Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine School of Law, California.
- Global Academy for Advocacy in Dispute Resolution (GAADR) will also be providing scholarships to the Winners and meritorious participants to attend GAADR 5.0.
- Cash prizes, books, and other awards will be granted to winning teams and other meritorious teams.
Registration Process and Fees:
The University’s ADR Society or any other relevant authority must first reserve slots for their teams by filling this Registration Form latest by February 1, 2021. Upon reservation, the Organizing Committee (Org-Com) will confirm the number of slots allotted and send a provisional registration form to the University’s ADR Society/the teams. Teams must complete the provisional registration by submitting that form.
- Upon selection by the organising committee, teams must complete the payment of the registration fee within a period of 48 hours. Details for payment of the registration fee will be notified to the teams upon selection.
- The Registration Fee is INR 4,500/- per team, which is inclusive of all costs.
- Final registration of the teams is subject to the successful payment of the registration fee within the stipulated time.
We hope to hear from you qua this pre-invitation soon. Kindly refer to the brochure appended below for more details. For any questions or concerns, you may reach out to the undersigned or send the queries in at email@example.com.
For any other query, please feel free to contact us. For more information about our activities, please follow/like us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and our Blog.
Mohit DangSamiksha SharmaConvenorsCentre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR)Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab