(Saturday, 18th December 2021; 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm)
GOI has been actively working on strengthening and promoting the various Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) tools through several enactments and amendments with intent to facilitate an out-of-court settlement of dispute in a speedy and cost-effective manner. Until recent years the main focus was confined to Arbitration, but the now there is an evident shift in the focal point from Arbitration to Mediation.
Mediation is an old age process; the fundamental principles that govern Mediation include flexibility, party-participation, consensus and peaceful preservation / termination of relationships. Mediation as a mode of Alternative Dispute Resolution is playing a pivotal role in providing amicable solutions in a cost effective and expeditious manner.
For a while, bringing a standalone law on Mediation was being considered and in continuation to the exercise a draft bill on Mediation has been prepared by the Central Government with the objective to promote, encourage and facilitate mediation, enforce domestic and international mediation settlement agreements, to make online mediation acceptable, etc.
On this background, the Law and Justice Committee of PHDCCI is organizing a ‘Discussion on Draft Mediation Bill’ on Saturday, 18th December 2021 from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm. Aim is to try and deep dive into the nuances of the topic; applicability and importance of Mediation while focusing upon real live issues related to it.
- Pre-Litigation Mediation
- Mediation: Challenges and Remedies
- Mediation: National and International Perspective
- Mediation Bill: Positives and Negatives
- Mr. Sushil Kumar Modi, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha and Chairman, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Law & Justice
- Mr. Sudhanshu Batra, Senior Advocate and Mediator
- Mr. Sriram Panchu, Senior Advocate, Mediator and Arbitrator
- Dr. Aman Hingorani, Advocate, Arbitrator and Mediator
- Legal Practitioners
- General Counsels
- Legal and Compliance Heads
- Company Secretaries / Chartered Accountants
- Government Officials / Policy Makers / Think Tanks
- Corporate / Industry Representatives
Click to Register: